South Carolina Law Firm Video Frequently Asked Questions

Children and Moving


Back to South Carolina Law Firm Video FAQs


Video Transcription

What should you do if you have a child and want to move away? If you fall into this category you will want to consult with a family law attorney to examine a potential modification for custody or visitation arrangements. Although a move isn’t necessarily considered a substantial change of circumstances which would normally allow you to file a modification action, it potentially can be if the move is significant enough that it impacts your current custodial or visitation arrangements. There are numerous factors that go into this type of decision for a judge, including what the advantages are of the move for your children, or how the move will impact the relationship of your children and their other parent. If you are considering a move and you have children, it is never too early to talk to a family law attorney who can give you valuable insight on what you need to do now to increase your chances of being able to move with your child down the road.

Share This Page:
Contact Form Tab